The regulartime( function extracts a regular time (seconds since midnight) from a superdate.
This function has one parameter:
superdate – is a number that combines the date and time into a single value. See the superdate( function.
The regulartime( function extracts a regular time (seconds since midnight) from a superdate. SuperDates combine the date and time into a single number - the number of seconds since January 1, 1904. SuperDates make it easy to calculate time intervals across multiple days. However, SuperDates take up more storage than regular dates, and are not as easy to work with. In addition, SuperDates are limited to dates after 1904 AD.
In its heyday, the Santa Fe Super Chief train would travel between Chicago and Los Angeles in 39 and 1/2 hours. This example uses SuperDates to calculate the arrival time and day when the user enters the departure time.
gettext "Departure Time",xTime
message "Arrives "+datepattern(regulardate(Arrival),"DayOfWeek")+
" at "+timepattern(regulartime(Arrival),"hh:mm am/pm")
If the train leaves at 7:30 pm on Monday, the message will be Arrives Wednesday at 11:00 am. As you can see, SuperDate arithmetic is very easy, just add or subtract. There’s no need to worry about crossing midnight, because that simply is the start of a new day.
- fixsuperdates -- fixes Panorama 6 SuperDates in current field.
- info("milliseconds") -- returns the number of milliseconds (1/1000th second) since the system started up.
- info("tickcount") -- returns the number of ticks (1/60th second) since the system started up.
- longtimestr( -- converts a number to text in am/pm time format, including seconds.
- now( -- returns the current time (number of seconds since midnight).
- regulardate( -- extracts a regular date (number of days from January 1, 4713 B.C.) from a superdate.
- secsminshours( -- this converts a time (number of seconds) into an approximate text value.
- superdate( -- converts a regular date and a regular time into a superdate.
- superdatepattern( -- converts a number containing a superdate to text, allowing you to specify the patterns for both the date and the time conversion to text.
- SuperDates -- date and time combined into a single value.
- superdatesecondsstr( -- converts a number containing a superdate to text, including the seconds.
- superdatestr( -- converts a number containing a superdate (date + time) to text.
- supernow( -- returns the number representing the current date and time as a superdate.
- texttimedifference( -- allows time math to be performed on text values.
- texttimeinterval( -- allows time math to be performed on text values.
- time( -- converts text into a number representing a time.
- time24( -- takes a time and makes sure it falls within a 24 hour period.
- timedifference( -- calculates the difference between two times. It works correctly even if the interval between the two times crosses over midnight.
- timeinterval( -- calculates the time interval between two times. It works correctly even if the interval between the two times crosses over midnight.
- timepattern( -- converts a number representing a time into text. The function uses a pattern to control how the time is formatted.
- timestr( -- converts a number to text in am/pm time format.
|10.0||No Change||Carried over from Panorama 6.0|