The count statement counts all non-empty data cells for the current field.
This statement counts the non-empty entries for the current field. The current field may be numeric, text, or a choices type field, however you cannot count a date or binary type field because the count cannot be formatted for those field types.
If the database contains summary records, this statement will perform counts for each group of records placing the count in the summary record for that group. It will also place an overall count for the whole database in the grand total summary.
If there are not any summary records in the database, one will be added at the end of the database and the overall count is placed into that summary record.
This simple example counts the entries in the Name field.
This example groups up on the State field, copies the State field into a newly created field called Temp and counts the State field and collapses the database to show you only the summary records.
- analyzedialog -- opens the standard Analyze dialog.
- average -- calculates averages and sub-averages for the selected records in the current field.
- collapse -- hides the detail records associated with the currently active summary record.
- collapsetosummary -- collapses to the next higher summary level.
- expand -- reveals the next level of collapsed detail records associated with the currently active summary record.
- expandall -- reveals all collapsed detail records associated with the currently active summary record.
- groupdown -- divides the database into groups, with a summary record at the end of each group. The groups are arranged in descending order (high to low).
- groupup -- divides the database into groups, with a summary record at the end of each group. The groups are arranged in ascending order (low to high).
- info("collapsible") -- checks to see if the current record is collapsible.
- info("expandable") -- checks to see if the current record is expandable.
- maximum -- calculates the maximum and sub-maximums for the current field.
- minimum -- calculates the minimum and sub-minimums for the current field.
- removeallsummaries -- removes all summary records.
- removedetail -- removes data records from the current database, leaving only summary records. It can also delete low level summary records, leaving only higher levels.
- removesummaries -- removes summary records from the current database.
- total -- calculates totals and subtotals for the current field.
|10.0||No Change||Carried over from Panorama 6.0.|