The hide statement temporarily disables the output of text and graphics.
This statement tells Panorama to suppress all output of text and graphics. Only output that is directly generated by Panorama will be suppressed. For example, the output generated by the Sort or formulafill commands will suppressed. However, output that is generated by the operating system will not be suppressed. Primarily this means that when switching from one window to another the display will not be suppressed. Output will be disabled until the procedure is finished, or until a show statement is encountered.
Note: This statement is identical to the noshow statement. In Panorama 6.0 and earlier it worked slightly differently than noshow, but now it is exactly the same. It is retained for compatibility with legacy databases.
- endnoshow -- resumes the output of text and graphics after it has been disabled with the noshow statement.
- fontcharacters( -- returns a string (text) containing all of the characters supported by the specified font.
- fontinfo( -- returns a dictionary with information about a specified font.
- info("noshow") -- returns true if noshow is currently turned on, false if it is not.
- noshow -- temporarily disables the output of text and graphics.
- richtextdata( -- adjusts text so that it will display properly in rich text even if it contains a < character.
- richtextdisplay( -- works with Text Display objects to display text with multiple styles, fonts, colors and alignments.
- setbannericon -- sets the icon on the right side of the toolbar banner.
- setbannermessage -- sets the text in the toolbar banner to an arbitrary message.
- setbannerprogressvalue -- displays progress in the toolbar banner.
- show -- resumes the output of text and graphics after it has been disabled and then forces Panorama to redisplay all windows in the current database.
- showcolumns -- forces Panorama to display specified fields.
- showfields -- forces Panorama to display specified fields.
- showline -- forces Panorama to redisplay the current record in all windows in the current database.
- showother -- forces Panorama to update some data on the screen..
- showpage -- forces Panorama to redisplay all windows in the current database.
- showrecordcounter -- forces Panorama to redisplay the record counter in all windows in the current database.
- textdisplay( -- works with Text Display Objects to control the color and style of text on the fly.
|10.0||Updated||Carried over from Panorama 6.0, however, this statement is now a duplicate of the noshow statement.|