The replacefirst( function replaces the first occurence of some text with new text.
This function has three parameters:
text – is the item of text that you want to search through and possibly replace part of.
old – is the character, word or phrase that you want to search for and replace. This must be the exact character, word, or phrase, including upper or lower case. If this text occurs more than once, only the first occurrence will be replaced.
new – the new character, word or phrase that you want to substitute for the old character word or phrase.
This function replaces the first occurence of some text with new text. If there are multiple occurences of the original text, only the first occurence will be replaced.
replacefirst("red blue red green","red","orange") ☞ orange blue red green
replacefirst("555-1212","5","five") ☞ five55-1212
Note: Unlike the regular replace( function, the replacefirst( function does not allow multiple old and new parameters.
- @regex --
- search( --
- batchreplace -- performs multiple find and replace operations on a piece of text.
- batchreplace( -- performs multiple find/replace operations on a piece of text.
- croptext( -- crops text to a specified length. If the text was already shorter than the specified length, it is left unchanged. If it is longer, the text is cut off and an ellipsis is added on the end.
- percentescape( -- encodes specified characters using percent encoding.
- percentunescape( -- decodes text that contains percent encoding.
- regexreplacefirst( -- replaces the first occurrence of a regular expression pattern with new text.
- regexreplacefirstexact( -- replaces the first occurrence of a regular expression pattern with new text.
- replace( -- replaces text with new text.
- replacemultiple( -- replaces multiple words and phrases in a text value.
- sandwich( -- assembles a text item from three smaller items.
- strip( -- strips off leading and trailing blanks and other whitespace (carriage returns, tabs, etc.)
- stripchar( -- extracts characters you don't want from a text item.
- stripdiacriticals( -- strips diacritical marks from text.
- stripprintable( -- strips non-printable characters from text.
- striptoalpha( -- removes everything but alphabetic letters from a text item.
- striptonum( -- removes everything but numeric digits from a text item.
- urldecode( -- decodes text that contains percent encoded characters.
- urlencode( -- converts text into a legal URL (by converting spaces into `%20`). WARNING: THIS FUNCTION IS OBSOLETE.
|10.0||New||New in this version.|