The makenewprocedure statement creates a new procedure in the current database.
This statement has two parameters:
procedure – is is the name of the new procedure. There must not already be a procedure with this name.
before – is used to specify the location of the new procedure. If before is
"" or missing entirely, the new procedure is added at the end of all current procedures. If before contains a valid name of an existing procedure, the new procedure will be inserted in front of the specified procedure.
This statement will add a new, empty procedure to the current database. The procedure source code can then be filled in manually, or automatically with the setproceduretext statement.
This example creates a new procedure named Grand Total. The new procedure is added a the end of the list of Panorama procedures.
makenewprocedure "Grand Total"
This example creates a new procedure named Calculate Shipping. The new procedure is inserted in front of the Grand Total procedure.
makenewprocedure "Calculate Shipping","Grand Total"
- activeobjectaction -- allows a procedure to communicate with the object on the current form that is currently being edited (if any).
- automaticprocedurename( -- returns an available procedure name.
- changeobject -- modifies the properties of one object in a form.
- changeobjects -- modifies the properties of one or more objects in a form.
- changetimer -- modifies a repeating task that will be performed periodically when Panorama is not otherwise busy.
- cloneform -- copies all of the objects in a form (optionally, with modifications) into the active form.
- cloneobjects -- duplicates objects in a form (with modifications).
- closeactiveobject -- closes any object whose text is currently being edited.
- downloadpartialdatabase -- downloads specified components of the current database from the server. The current database must be shared.
- exportallprocedures -- saves all the procedures in an editable text format.
- exportprocedure( -- exports a procedure and the procedure's meta data as a binary object that can be imported with the importprocedure statement.
- formxy -- programmatically scrolls a form to a new position.
- getmaxwindow -- retrieves the position and size of the of the largest possible window on the main screen.
- getprocedureoption( -- returns information about a procedure.
- getproceduretext -- gets the contents (source) of a procedure and places it in a variable.
- getproceduretext( -- gets the contents (source code) of a procedure.
- getwindow -- retrieves the position and size of the current window.
- Implicitly Triggered Procedures -- Procedures that are triggered automatically when the user performs some normal Panorama action are said to be "implicitly triggered."
- importdatabase -- imports data from another database into the current database.
- importdictprocedures -- converts source code exported by the ExportAllProcedures statement into a dictionary.
- importjson -- imports a JSON array into the current database.
- importjsonline -- imports a JSON record into the current record.
- importline -- imports a line of text into the current record.
- importprocedure -- imports a procedure into a database.
- importrawdata -- imports raw binary data into an existing database.
- importtext -- imports text into an existing database.
- info("proceduredatabase") -- returns the name of the database that contains the currently running procedure.
- info("procedurename") -- returns the name of the currently running procedure.
- loadallprocedures -- loads all the procedures from a dictionary into the current database.
If a procedure doesn't exist it will be created.
- makenewform -- creates a new form in the current database.
- Mark Menu -- allows you to set bookmarks in source code to help navigate to specific spots in a long program.
- newdatabase -- creates a new database.
- newformobject -- creates a new graphic object in a form.
- objectaction -- allows a procedure to communicate with an object on the current form.
- partialdatabaseupdate -- updates one or more components of an existing database.
- printonemultiple -- prints a form over and over again without advancing from record to record. Instead of advancing from record to record, a variable is incremented each time the form is printed. This statement is designed for printing calendars or thumbnails.
- printtopdf -- prints the current database to a PDF file.
- printusingform -- allows the current database to be printed using a different form than the one currently being displayed.
- procedureexists( -- checks to see whether a procedure exists or not.
- procedureinsertfieldname -- inserts a field name into a procedure, adding chevrons if necessary.
- procedureinsertformname -- inserts a form name into a procedure, adding quotes.
- procedureinsertprocedurename -- inserts a procedure name into a procedure, adding quotes if necessary.
- proceduresearch -- searches for text in a procedure.
- proceduresearchexact -- searches for text in a procedure.
- proceduresearchnext -- searches for text in a procedure, starting from the current location.
- proceduresearchnextexact -- searches for text in a procedure, starting from the current location.
- Program Menu -- assists with running and debugging code, and with developing custom dialogs.
- Programming -- basics of programming with Panorama X.
- recompile -- recompiles all procedures in a database.
- saveallprocedures -- saves all the procedures in the specified database into a dictionary.
- saveoneprocedure -- saves a specific procedure in the specified database into a dictionary.
- saveopenprocedures -- saves all the open procedures in the specified database into a dictionary.
- savepartialdatabase -- saves specified components of the current database, leaving other components out.
- serverupdate -- temporarily disables record locking and server updates when using a shared database.
- setprocedureoptions -- modifies one or more properties of a procedure (source code, Action menu options, etc.).
- setproceduretext -- changes the text of the currently open procedure.
- setwindow -- specifies the dimensions (size and location) of the next window that is opened (with openform, opensheet, openprocedure etc.).
- Source Menu -- used to assist in editing program code.
- startbonjour -- starts monitoring the local network for available hosts.
- starttimer -- sets up and starts a repeating task that will be performed periodically when Panorama is not otherwise busy.
- stopbonjour -- cancels monitoring of the local network for available hosts.
- windowbox -- specifies the dimensions (size and location) of the next window that is opened (with openform, opensheet, openprocedure etc.).
|10.0||Updated||Carried over from Panorama 6.0, but there is no longer a 25 character limit for procedure names.|