The selectzipdistancetool statement selects records near the current record, based on zip codes.
This statement has one parameter:
distance – the distance from the center (in miles). Records that are closer than this will be selected, all others will be unselected.
This statement selects records near the current record, based on zip codes. The current field must contain zip codes. This statement is designed to be used from the data sheet context menu, so it supports undo. This example selects all records within 15 miles of the current record.
If you need this feature as part of a larger procedure, you should use the select statement with the zipdistance( function and handle undo yourself (with startdatabasechange).
- city( -- looks up the name of a city associated with a US zip code.
- cityzip( -- returns the lowest zip code associated with a city.
- cityzips( -- returns a list of zip codes associated with a city.
- county( -- returns the name of the county associated with a US zip code.
- mapurl( -- returns a URL to display a map location.
- openmapwindow -- opens a window displaying a map of a location.
- state( -- returns the name of the state associated with a US zip code.
- stateabbreviations( -- this function returns a list of US state abbreviations.
- statelookup( -- converts a two letter abbreviation for a US state into the full state name.
- statename( -- converts a two letter abbreviation for a US state into the full state name.
- uspssecondaryunits( -- returns a list of USPS (United States Postal Service) secondary suffix designation abbreviations.
- uspsstreetsuffixes( -- returns a list of USPS street suffix abbreviations.
- zipdistance( -- calculates the distance between two zip codes.
- ziplatitude( -- returns the latitude of a US zip code.
- ziplongitude( -- returns the longitude of a US zip code.
|10.0||New||New in this version.|