The openwith statement opens a document with a specific application.
This statement has two parameters:
application – the name of the application to be launched. This can include the .app suffix, but it doesn’t have to.
path – is a path to the file to be opened, including the file name (see Files and Folders for more information about file paths).
This statement opens a document with a specific application. This has the same effect as dragging the document to the application in the Finder. The first example will open the PDF document concert-ticket.pdf in Preview. The second example will open it in PDFPen.
If you want to open a document with its default application, use the openanything statement.
Legacy File/Folder Syntax
Previous versions of Panorama (version 6 and before) used a folder/file format for specifying files and locations. If you prefer this format, you can add a third parameter to the openwith statement. This example opens an image using Pixelmator.
- applescriptconstant( -- converts an expression into an AppleScript literal.
- applescriptstring( -- converts text into an AppleScript string literal.
- arraytopythonlist( -- converts a Panorama array into a Python list.
- bringpanoramaforward -- brings Panorama forward, making it the active Application.
- hideotherapplications -- hides all other applications, leaving only Panorama visible.
- hidepanorama -- hides Panorama X, making all windows disappear.
- info("panoramaisactive") -- returns true if Panorama is the frontmost application (in other words, if the Panorama menu bar is visible).
- loadcustomfunctions -- reloads all ProVUE defined custom functions.
- openanything -- opens a document or application.
- openurl -- opens a URL (usually a web page or to create an e-mail message).
- openurlinbackground -- opens a URL (usually a web page or to create an e-mail message) without bringing forward the app that handles the URL (in other words, Panorama remains the frontmost application).
- openwithterminal -- opens an application in a new Terminal.app window (useful for debugging).
- panoramaappvisibility -- allows the Panorama X dock and menu bar to be hidden.
- perlconstant( -- encodes text for use as a constant in a Perl program.
- perlscriptstring( -- converts text into a Perl string literal.
- phpconstant( -- encodes text for use as a contant in a php program.
- posixpath( -- converts a path and filename into a POSIX path that can be used as a parameter to a shell command.
- pythonconstant( -- encodes text for use as a constant in a python program.
- registercustomfunction -- defines a new custom function.
- revealinfinder -- reveals a file or folder in the Finder.
- revealmultipleinfinder -- reveals one or more files or folders in the Finder.
- rubyconstant( -- encodes a value for use as a constant in a Ruby program.
- runningappinfo( -- returns information about applications that are currently running on this computer.
- Scripting Panorama X with AppleScript -- embedding Panorama code into AppleScript (allowing Panorama to be controlled from other programs).
- setappleeventvalue -- may be used in a procedure that responds to an AppleEvent (this includes AppleScript programs), the statement specifies the value to be returned by the event.
- unixshellpath( -- converts a path and filename into a POSIX path that can be embedded within the shellscript statement.
- unixshellstring( -- encodes text for use as a parameter to a unix shell command.
|10.0||New||New in this version.|