The openwithterminal statement opens an application in a new Terminal.app window (useful for debugging).
This statement has two parameters:
application – path and name of application. If the app is in the /Application folder, just the app name is enough, otherwise the entire path is required. The .app extension is optional.
flags – command line flags to be passed to the application (optional).
This statement opens an application in a new Terminal.app window. This makes it easy to see all of the console (log) output from the application, which can be very useful for debugging. If you run a copy of Panorama or Panorama Server this way, you can use the nslog statement to output information to the terminal window.
This example will open Keynote in the terminal (when we tried this, we were quite surprised at how much information appeared in the console log).
This example opens Activity Monitor. Since this app is not in the main Applications folder, the entire path is required. The .app extension is optional.
openwithterminal "/Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app"
Note: This statement requires that Apple Events are enabled for use with Panorama. In macOS 10.14 and later, this is done thru the Security & Privacy pane in the System Preferences application.
- applescriptconstant( -- converts an expression into an AppleScript literal.
- applescriptstring( -- converts text into an AppleScript string literal.
- arraytopythonlist( -- converts a Panorama array into a Python list.
- hideotherapplications -- hides all other applications, leaving only Panorama visible.
- jsonscriptstring( -- converts text into a JSON string literal
- loadcustomfunctions -- reloads all ProVUE defined custom functions.
- openanything -- opens a document or application.
- openurl -- opens a URL (usually a web page or to create an e-mail message).
- openurlinbackground -- opens a URL (usually a web page or to create an e-mail message) without bringing forward the app that handles the URL (in other words, Panorama remains the frontmost application).
- openwith -- opens a document with a specific application.
- perlconstant( -- encodes text for use as a constant in a Perl program.
- perlscriptstring( -- converts text into a Perl string literal.
- phpconstant( -- encodes text for use as a contant in a php program.
- posixpath( -- converts a path and filename into a POSIX path that can be used as a parameter to a shell command.
- pythonconstant( -- encodes text for use as a constant in a python program.
- registercustomfunction -- defines a new custom function.
- revealinfinder -- reveals a file or folder in the Finder.
- revealmultipleinfinder -- reveals one or more files or folders in the Finder.
- rubyconstant( -- encodes a value for use as a constant in a Ruby program.
- runningappinfo( -- returns information about applications that are currently running on this computer.
- Scripting Panorama X with AppleScript -- embedding Panorama code into AppleScript (allowing Panorama to be controlled from other programs).
- setappleeventvalue -- may be used in a procedure that responds to an AppleEvent (this includes AppleScript programs), the statement specifies the value to be returned by the event.
- unixshellpath( -- converts a path and filename into a POSIX path that can be embedded within the shellscript statement.
- unixshellstring( -- encodes text for use as a parameter to a unix shell command.
|10.2||New||New in this version.|