The getformoption( function returns information about a form.
This function has three parameters:
database – The database that contains the form you want information about, or
"" for the current procedure.
form – The name of the form you want to get information about, or
"" for the currently open form (if a form window is active).
option – The type of information you want to retrieve. See below for descriptions of each option. This parameter is optional, if left off the
ALL option will be used.
This function retrieves information about any form in any open database.
This option returns a dictionary that contains all of the option values associated with this form. You can extract individual options with the getdictionaryvalue( function. (You can also get this dictionary by simply omitting the option parameter.) This example displays all of the available information about a form.
finfo = getformoption("","SomeForm")
POSITION and SIZE
The “windowleftedge”, “windowtopedge”, “windowrightedge” and “windowbottomedge” options return the saved dimensions of the form window (whether it is currently open or not). The “windowrectangle” function returns a rectangle with all four coordinates.
This option returns the background color of the form (see Colors). The background color is usually white but can be set in the form Property Inspector, and can also be set with the formcolor and setformoptions statements.
This option returns the tab order of the specified form. The possible tab orders are:Natural, Data Sheet Order, and Back to Front.
This option returns the view mode of the specified form. The possible modes are: Individual Pages and View-as-List.
This option returns the default variable type created by objects in the specified form. The possible modes are: FileGlobal (the default), WindowGlobal, and Global.
This option returns true if the specified form can be opened in multiple windows.
This option returns true if lookups done by objects in the specified form query the server (for shared databases only).
This option returns the source code that has been set up (if any) for processing events related to the form (for example when the form opens, or is brought to the font). This code can use the info(“formevent”) function to determine what event just occured. (Note: The code can only handle events that occur while the form is in in data mode, not graphics mode. This code replaces the
.ActivateForm procedures in Panorama 6 and earlier.)
This option returns the syntax error message associated with the form’s event code (see above). Normally this option will return
"", but if the source code contains a syntax error this option will return a non-blank value.
This option returns a superdate value (combined date and time) that indicates the last time this form was the active window.
This option returns the tag you have assigned to this form (if any). You can use the tag value for whatever you want, Panorama stores the tag for you but does not use or interpret it in any way.
This option returns the notes you have assigned to this form (if any). You can use the notes for whatever you want, Panorama stores the notes for you but does not use or interpret them in any way.
This option returns the number of objects in the specified form.
- @info --
- activeobjectaction -- allows a procedure to communicate with the object on the current form that is currently being edited (if any).
- automaticprocedurename( -- returns an available procedure name.
- changeobject -- modifies the properties of one object in a form.
- changeobjects -- modifies the properties of one or more objects in a form.
- changetimer -- modifies a repeating task that will be performed periodically when Panorama is not otherwise busy.
- cloneform -- copies all of the objects in a form (optionally, with modifications) into the active form.
- cloneobjects -- duplicates objects in a form (with modifications).
- closeactiveobject -- closes any object whose text is currently being edited.
- exportallprocedures -- saves all the procedures in an editable text format.
- exportprocedure( -- exports a procedure and the procedure's meta data as a binary object that can be imported with the importprocedure statement.
- formxy -- programmatically scrolls a form to a new position.
- getmaxwindow -- retrieves the position and size of the of the largest possible window on the main screen.
- getprocedureoption( -- returns information about a procedure.
- getproceduretext -- gets the contents (source) of a procedure and places it in a variable.
- getproceduretext( -- gets the contents (source code) of a procedure.
- getwindow -- retrieves the position and size of the current window.
- Implicitly Triggered Procedures -- Procedures that are triggered automatically when the user performs some normal Panorama action are said to be "implicitly triggered."
- importdatabase -- imports data from another database into the current database.
- importdictprocedures -- converts source code exported by the ExportAllProcedures statement into a dictionary.
- importjson -- imports a JSON array into the current database.
- importjsonline -- imports a JSON record into the current record.
- importline -- imports a line of text into the current record.
- importprocedure -- imports a procedure into a database.
- importtext -- imports text into an existing database.
- info("proceduredatabase") -- returns the name of the database that contains the currently running procedure.
- info("procedurename") -- returns the name of the currently running procedure.
- loadallprocedures -- loads all the procedures from a dictionary into the current database.
If a procedure doesn't exist it will be created.
- makenewform -- creates a new form in the current database.
- makenewprocedure -- creates a new procedure in the current database.
- Mark Menu -- allows you to set bookmarks in source code to help navigate to specific spots in a long program.
- newdatabase -- creates a new database.
- newformobject -- creates a new graphic object in a form.
- objectaction -- allows a procedure to communicate with an object on the current form.
- printonemultiple -- prints a form over and over again without advancing from record to record. Instead of advancing from record to record, a variable is incremented each time the form is printed. This statement is designed for printing calendars or thumbnails.
- printtopdf -- prints the current database to a PDF file.
- printusingform -- allows the current database to be printed using a different form than the one currently being displayed.
- procedureinsertfieldname -- inserts a field name into a procedure, adding chevrons if necessary.
- procedureinsertformname -- inserts a form name into a procedure, adding quotes.
- procedureinsertprocedurename -- inserts a procedure name into a procedure, adding quotes if necessary.
- proceduresearch -- searches for text in a procedure.
- proceduresearchexact -- searches for text in a procedure.
- proceduresearchnext -- searches for text in a procedure, starting from the current location.
- proceduresearchnextexact -- searches for text in a procedure, starting from the current location.
- Program Menu -- assists with running and debugging code, and with developing custom dialogs.
- Programming -- basics of programming with Panorama X.
- recompile -- recompiles all procedures in a database.
- saveallprocedures -- saves all the procedures in the specified database into a dictionary.
- saveoneprocedure -- saves a specific procedure in the specified database into a dictionary.
- saveopenprocedures -- saves all the open procedures in the specified database into a dictionary.
- setprocedureoptions -- modifies one or more properties of a procedure (source code, Action menu options, etc.).
- setproceduretext -- changes the text of the currently open procedure.
- setwindow -- specifies the dimensions (size and location) of the next window that is opened (with openform, opensheet, openprocedure etc.).
- Source Menu -- used to assist in editing program code.
- startbonjour -- starts monitoring the local network for available hosts.
- starttimer -- sets up and starts a repeating task that will be performed periodically when Panorama is not otherwise busy.
- stopbonjour -- cancels monitoring of the local network for available hosts.
- windowbox -- specifies the dimensions (size and location) of the next window that is opened (with openform, opensheet, openprocedure etc.).
|10.0||New||This function is new in this version.|