The noshow statement temporarily disables the output of text and graphics.
This statement tells Panorama to suppress all output of text and graphics. Only output that is directly generated by Panorama will be suppressed. For example, the output generated by the SortUp or FormulaFill commands will be suppressed. However, output that is generated by the operating system will not be suppressed. Primarily this means that when switching from one window to another the display will not be suppressed. Output will be disabled until the procedure is finished, or until an endnoshow statement is encountered.
Here is an example that performs several operations on the current database, but only updates the display once.
groupup by month
- Automatic Field Code -- running a short program when data is entered into a field.
- changetimer -- modifies a repeating task that will be performed periodically when Panorama is not otherwise busy.
- endnoshow -- resumes the output of text and graphics after it has been disabled with the noshow statement.
- executeasap -- executes the specified code at the first possible opportunity, non-atomically.
- fontcharacters( -- returns a string (text) containing all of the characters supported by the specified font.
- fontinfo( -- returns a dictionary with information about a specified font.
- hide -- temporarily disables the output of text and graphics.
- Implicitly Triggered Procedures -- Procedures that are triggered automatically when the user performs some normal Panorama action are said to be "implicitly triggered."
- info("computername") -- returns the name of the computer (as set up in the System Preferences Sharing panel).
- info("noshow") -- returns true if noshow is currently turned on, false if it is not.
- info("runningatomic") -- returns true if the current procedure is running as a "atomic" procedure.
- measuretext( -- returns the size of a string of text in a particular font and size.
- resumeaftertask -- resumes after a waitfortask statement.
- richtextdata( -- adjusts text so that it will display properly in rich text even if it contains a < character.
- richtextdisplay( -- works with Text Display objects to display text with multiple styles, fonts, colors and alignments.
- setbannericon -- sets the icon on the right side of the toolbar banner.
- setbannermessage -- sets the text in the toolbar banner to an arbitrary message.
- setbannerprogressvalue -- displays progress in the toolbar banner.
- setwaitinglocal -- assigns a value to a local variable in the parent procedure of an asynchronous task, allowing the asynchronouse code to pass a value back to the code that spawned it.
- show -- resumes the output of text and graphics after it has been disabled and then forces Panorama to redisplay all windows in the current database.
- showcolumns -- forces Panorama to display specified fields.
- showfields -- forces Panorama to display specified fields.
- showline -- forces Panorama to redisplay the current record in all windows in the current database.
- showother -- forces Panorama to update some data on the screen..
- showpage -- forces Panorama to redisplay all windows in the current database.
- showrecordcounter -- forces Panorama to redisplay the record counter in all windows in the current database.
- starttimer -- sets up and starts a repeating task that will be performed periodically when Panorama is not otherwise busy.
- textdisplay( -- works with Text Display Objects to control the color and style of text on the fly.
- Timer Workshop -- provides a tool for monitoring timers and testing timer configurations.
- timerexists( -- checks to see whether a timer exists.
- Timers -- executing recurring periodic background code at fixed intervals.
- Understanding the Run Loop -- explanation of how Panorama code interacts with the run loop to respond to mouse clicks, keyboard presses, display updates and other events that require attention.
- wait -- pauses the program for a specified period of time.
- waitfortask -- temporarily pauses a procedure until the specified task is complete.
|10.0||No Change||Carried over from Panorama 6.0.|