Previous: 306: Collapsible Outline Summaries
Congratulations on completing the Panorama X tutorial lessons! You’ve covered a lot of material, but there’s so much more. If you want to learn more, there are some suggestions for further reading listed below.
If you’d rather watch a video instead of reading, check out the Panorama X Intensive training course, which includes 27 videos (10 for free!) with over 33 hours of material in 2,200 slides. You can access this course from Panorama’s Help menu.
Another great resource is the Panorama Discussion Forum, where you can interact with both ProVUE staff and other Panorama users. The forum is completely free (you must sign up to post), and you’ll find that everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Files & Views
- Auxiliary Databases -- automatically opening multiple databases associated with each other.
- Creating a New Database -- creating a new database.
- Find & Open -- searching for a database on the hard drive and opening it.
- Join Databases -- joining another database into the current database (relational join).
- Open Favorites -- quickly open commonly used databases.
- Open Recent -- quickly re-open recently used databases.
- Open View -- using the Open View window to quickly access any form, procedure or data sheet.
- View Organizer -- rearranging, copying and deleting views.
- View Search -- persistent, comprehensive search of procedures and forms in one or multiple databases.
Fields & Data
Searching & Sorting
Import & Export
Text Editing & Display
Text Lists & Matrixes
- Arithmetic Formulas -- mathematical operators and functions.
- Characters and Unicode Values -- working with individual characters of text.
- Constants -- values embedded into a formula.
- Coordinates -- working with points and rectangles.
- Credit Cards -- working with credit card numbers.
- Cryptography -- encrypting and decrypting data, and calculating hash values.
- Database Functions -- functions that access database information, including the data itself and information about the structure of the database.
- Date Arithmetic Formulas -- performing calculations on dates, and converting between dates and text.
- Financial Calculations -- financial calculations based on interest rates.
- Formula Workshop -- formula workshop wizard for testing and experimenting with formulas.
- Formulas -- basics of formulas: components and grammar.
- Functions -- index of all functions available for use in Panorama formulas.
- Geography -- working with geographic information, including zip codes and lat/long coordinates.
- Linking with Another Database -- techniques for relating multiple database files so that they work together.
- Mouse and Click Status -- accessing the mouse (location, buttons) and keyboard status.
- Operators -- index of all operators available for use in Panorama formulas.
- Quotes -- text constants embedded into a formula
- Scientific Calculations -- performing scientific calculations (trigonometry, logarithms, etc.)
- SuperDates -- date and time combined into a single value.
- System Info Functions -- find out information about the current status of the computer and operating system.
- Text Formulas -- manipulating text with a formula (concatenation, extraction, rearranging, etc.)
- Time Arithmetic Formulas -- performing calculations on times, and converting between times and text.
- True/False Formulas -- logical boolean calculations.
- Using Fields in a Formula -- accessing database fields within a formula.
- Values -- the raw material that formulas work with -- numbers and text.
- Variables -- storing and retrieving individual items of data, not part of a database.
- Accessing the Clipboard -- reading from and writing to the system's clipboard.
- Action Menu -- simple way to create your own menu items.
- Alerts -- displaying a variety of standard modal alerts.
- Automatic Field Code -- running a short program when data is entered into a field.
- Channels -- provide a standard way to interface with external resources (email servers, phones, web sites etc.)
- Code -- basics of programming code.
- Control Flow -- making decisions about what code should be executed in response to changing conditions.
- copyindentedcode -- The copyindentedcode statement copies the selected code with 4 space indent (for pasting into the Panorama forum).
- Custom Dialogs -- creating custom dialogs using forms.
- Custom Menus -- creating custom menus, menu bars and pop-up menus (and customizing standard menus).
- Custom Statements -- creating your own custom statements that can be used in your code.
- Database Navigation & Editing -- using program code to navigate within a database, and to add and remove database records.
- Debug Instrumentation -- conditional logging of the internal state of Panorama program code.
- Drag and Drop -- dragging data to and from a Panorama form.
- Generating & Analyzing HTML -- generating HTML code from data, and extracting data from structured HTML.
- Internet Access -- accessing information from web servers.
- Procedure Editor -- editing named procedures.
- Procedure Recorder -- recording database actions as code.
- Procedures -- basics of procedures for automation.
- Program Access to Databases -- using a program to create, open, import or export databases.
- Program Error Handling -- handling errors and exceptions that occur when a program is running.
- Programmable Database Administration -- using a program to access and/or modify the structure of a database.
- Programmable Form Management -- using a program to work with forms.
- Programmable Graphics -- using program code to create and modify graphic objects in a form.
- Programmable Outlines -- using a program to create and manipulate data outlines.
- Programmable Printing -- using program code to print reports, mailing labels, etc.
- Programmable Searching -- using program code to search and select data.
- Programmable Sorting -- using program code to sort a database.
- Programmable Text Export -- using a program to export text from a database.
- Programmable Window Management -- using a program to arrange windows.
- Programming Database Fields -- using a program to add and remove database fields.
- Scripting -- embedding scripting languages (AppleScript, shell scripts, Python, Ruby, PHP, Perl, etc.) into Panorama program code.
- Speech Programming -- using program code to convert data to speech (voice).
- Statements -- index of all statements available for use in Panorama procedures.
- Subroutines -- writing code that can be called from other code.
- Supressing Display -- temporarily disabling display of changes in a program (to reduce "flickering" and increase performance).
- Timer Workshop -- provides a tool for monitoring timers and testing timer configurations.
- Timers -- executing recurring periodic background code at fixed intervals.
- Transforming Data -- using program code to modify data in bulk.
- Triggers -- finding out what event triggered the execution of program code.
|10.0||New||New in this version.|